- The 50% construction documents on the build out are currently being reviewed by all parties.
- Ongoing meetings with the design group and the mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) group are taking place.
- The initial cost model for the 379 faculty/staff lounge was received and approved this week. Project drawings are slated to begin.
- Plumbing work remains planned for completion over Christmas break. This work will take place in the ceiling of a couple of the second floor classrooms.
- Shelves were installed in the new restrooms last week.
- The new steam and condensate line has been connected to the building and work is almost complete on that project.
- New bike racks were installed in the parking lot and are in use.
What about Fall Break?
Plan ahead for temporary hour changes during IU’s brief time off. This comes from Jeri Anderson, circulation/technical coordinator, IUBusiness/SPEA Information Commons:
- SPEA Café will be open on Thursday, October 8, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Friday, October 9.
- Business/SPEA Information Commons will be open on Thursday, October 8, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m, closed on Friday, October 9, and Saturday, October 10. It will reopen Sunday, October 11, from 5 p.m. to midnight.