From Chad Sweatman, Manager, Building Support Services:
- Be advised that the traffic
pattern to the SPEA parking lot will change back to the lane closest to the
building early this week. Workers will be excavating and installing a steam
line on the north side of the lot.
- The construction trailer will be
moved starting at 5 a.m. Friday morning. The trailer will end up on the east
side of the lot in the row near the trash dumpsters. They will begin taping off
the area Thursday evening and request no vehicles be parked in that area so the
move can be completed.
- Our elevator refurbishment
project will start next week. One elevator will be in service while work takes
place on the other. I believe the duration of the project will last about a
- Those with cool office areas can
expect warmer temps late next week. Work will finish up on the reheat system
and it will be back in service.
- Window installation will finish
this week. The building envelope will be sealed.
- Preparations are underway to
start up the new air handling system for the Graduate Center.
- Limestone will be installed in
the courtyard this week as well as the last of the pavers.
- Bids were accepted on the Kelley
Career Center build out last week. Work will begin after the utility relocation
project is complete. Weddle Brothers won the contract so the construction
trailer in the parking lot will remain until the career center is complete.
- Our emergency generator will be replaced sometime this winter. The new generator will sit on the concrete pad near our loading dock. Some of the slanted metal roofing near the handicapped parking will need to be removed on the north side of the building to crane out the old generator.